Member of Aamir Khan film crew arrested
New Delhi: A unit director of Aamir Khan`s upcoming movie ‘PK’ has been arrested for hurting religious sentiments during the shooting of a scene for the film, police said Friday.
The film crew member, whose name police refused to reveal, was arrested Wednesday and a case was registered against him after locals objected to a scene in which a man dressed as Lord Shiva was pulling a rickshaw in which two burqa-clad women were sitting.
"A case under section 295 A (injuring or defiling place of worship with intent to insult the religious of any class) and 153A (promoting enmity between different groups on ground of religion, race, place of birth, residence, language) of Indian Penal Code (IPC) was registered against the unit director and the three actors at Kotwali police station," said a police official.
The unit members were shooting the scene in Chandni Chowk area Wednesday.
Initially, people thought the actors were members of a Ram Leela party but on seeing cameras, they inquired about the issue.
The actors told police that it was a dream sequence of the movie and they had all the legal documents and permission for shooting.
But a mob that gathered at the police station started shouting slogans that the film-makers were hurting religious sentiments, forcing police to take action.
The officer said that no case has been registered against Aamir Khan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amid political tensions, three-tiered security for Oscars
- 'Lion' significantly talks about child adoption: Priyanka Bose
- It's Shahid Kapoor's birthday! Let's take a look at his TOP 5 roles
- Rangoon box office collections: Kangana, Shahid and Saif starrer witnesses slow start!
- 'Lipstick Under My Burkha': CBFC stalls film; cites 'audio pornography', 'abusive words' reasons to refuse certification