Movies are more than just numbers: Kabir Khan
Mumbai: Director Kabir Khan is happy with his film ‘Ek Tha Tiger’ crossing the Rs.200 crore mark but he says there is more to films than just numbers.
"See, numbers will keep increasing every year because audience is increasing, screens are increasing. So the business of films is also increasing. Today `Ek Tha Tiger` has crossed Rs.200 crore, tomorrow other films can come which may cross Rs.250 crore or Rs.300 and this is the way how it should be," the 41-year-old said here Thursday at the Chivas spotlight and music unplugged show.
"So numbers are important but films shoule not be viewed only on the basis of numbers. There are other things like how much did the audience like it, did they recognise that we have done brilliantly in one particular department, sound, cinematography or action, push some boundaries and get true appreciation," he added.
Starring Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif, "Ek Tha Tiger" released this Eid and features Salman in the role of a spy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nandita Das is a capable director: Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Ajay Devgn, Emraan Hashmi starrer 'Baadshaho' begins shoot!
- Kareena is part of 'Veere Di Wedding': Sonam Kapoor
- Katrina Kaif and Sidharth Malhotra's sizzling chemistry in 'Baar Baar Dekho' is making us crazy!
- Revealed! Release date of Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' teaser