Mumbai is the fifth character in my film, says Kiran Rao
Mumbai: Filmmaker Kiran Rao says her debut directorial venture `Dhobi Ghat` portrays Mumbai in all its vibrance and complexity.
"Mumbai is the fifth character in my film. I shot the movie entirely on real locations," Kiran said.
The film stars Aamir Khan, Prateik Babbar and two leading ladies who make their debut in the crowded back-alleys, skyscrapers under construction, pulsating Mohammed Ali Road markets, sea facing Worli Bungalow, spectacular 'Dhobi Ghat' at Mahalaxmi, Chowpatty beach and Marine Drive in the pouring rain, she said.
"There were no sets...only a few lights, a 16 mm camera, my actors and crew, the Mumbai monsoon and me," Kiran said.
The film produced by Aamir Khan releases in January.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Ferocious international fighters against Akshay, Sidharth
- Julie Andrews to direct 'My Fair Lady' production at Sydney
- Sidharth Malhotra, Katrina Kaif to wear prosthetics for their next film
- Blake Lively, Kristen Stewart join Woody Allen's film
- Will Smith replaces Hugh Jackman in 'Collateral Beauty'