Mumbai is the fifth character in my film, says Kiran Rao
Mumbai: Filmmaker Kiran Rao says her debut directorial venture `Dhobi Ghat` portrays Mumbai in all its vibrance and complexity.
"Mumbai is the fifth character in my film. I shot the movie entirely on real locations," Kiran said.
The film stars Aamir Khan, Prateik Babbar and two leading ladies who make their debut in the crowded back-alleys, skyscrapers under construction, pulsating Mohammed Ali Road markets, sea facing Worli Bungalow, spectacular 'Dhobi Ghat' at Mahalaxmi, Chowpatty beach and Marine Drive in the pouring rain, she said.
"There were no sets...only a few lights, a 16 mm camera, my actors and crew, the Mumbai monsoon and me," Kiran said.
The film produced by Aamir Khan releases in January.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawazuddin to star in Sohail Khan's next
- Emraan Hashmi in and as 'Azhar' releases terrific first look on Azharuddin's birthday—See pic!
- Nicolas Cage to star in 'Vengeance: A Love Story'
- Vidya Balan to play 'Begum Jaan' in Mahesh Bhatt's next!
- It's awesome! 'The Jungle Book' trailer will sweep fans off their feet-- Watch