My ‘Chakravyuha’ has nothing to do with ‘Ko’: Prakash Jha
Mumbai: Prakash Jha’s next film ‘Chakravyuha’ is about Maoist movement and the director says that it has nothing to do with KV Anand’s Tamil political movie ‘Ko’.
"I don`t know where this rumour started. And now the newspapers are reporting it. My new film is about the Naxal movement. But my film has got absolutely nothing to do with `Ko`. It`s an original subject. In fact, I`m away from Mumbai right now writing the film," said Jha.
‘Chakravyuha’ will go on floors in a month and it has Abhishek as a Maoist. Apparently the role is a challenge for the young actor he has started preparing. Jha has recommended Maoist literature to Abhishek.
This is probably the first film since Mani Ratnam`s ‘Guru’ for which Abhishek has undertaken extensive research.
The shooting will take place in Jha`s patent location Bhopal, and in the jungles of Madhya Pradesh.
The director was actually supposed to start a film called ‘Satyagrah’ with Amitabh Bachchan and his favourite Ajay Devgn in January. But that film was postponed to the second-half of 2012.
"In fact, I had Ajay`s dates from July since he finishes `Son Of Sardar` by then. But my film can`t be shot in the rains. I`ve to shoot `Satyagrah` in winter, so we`re shooting it in November and December 2012."
This is the first year in his career that Jha would be directing two films.
"And both are tough to shoot, not because of the big cast, but because the films take up issues that need very careful handling," said the director whose last directorial venture "Aarakshan" focused on reservation issues.
While ‘Chakravyuha’ is about Maoist movement, ‘Satyagrah’ deals with politics and corruption.
Jha was aware that Basu Chatterjee had made a film called ‘Chakravyuha’ way back in 1978. He recently met Basu-da, who in his habitually affable way said, "Han han le lo le lo". But then he found out another producer had registered the title ‘Ek Aur Chakravyuha’.
But things are in place now and Jha said: " `Chakravyuha` is the best and only appropriate title for my film. I can`t think of calling it by any other name. Fortunately, we have the title now."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'The Spectacular Jihad...' inspired by 9/11 attacks
- Jackie Chan opens acting school in China
- I’ve fallen in love with acting, says Lauren Gottlieb
- Pulkit Samrat 'can't wait' to watch 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- History lessons for 'Gour Hari Dastaan' cast
- Shakti Kapoor to play crazy professor in upcoming film
- Playing Kashibai emotionally draining for Priyanka Chopra
- Shraddha Kapoor visits 'Baaghi' set ahead of shoot
- Expert detoxification guide for brides-to-be
- Salman Khan thanks Aamir, Shah Rukh for 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' poster release
- 'Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya blaze'
- Piers Morgan returns to 'America's Got Talent' as guest
- Netflix renews 'Grace And Frankie' for season two
- Zayn Malik may make 'X Factor' comeback as judge
- 'Supergirl' pilot leaks online six months before schedule
- Kapil Sharma celebrates two years of CNWK with ‘ABCD 2’ team
- New York `Mad Men` exhibition extends to September 6
- Newcomer Monica Sehgal gets taste of her popularity
- Ashish Juneja to enter 'Itna Karo Na Mujhe Pyar'
- `New Girl` actor Max Greenfield roped in for `American Horror Story: Hotel`
- 'American Idol' Carrie Underwood thanks show for stardom
- Indian-American first vegetarian contestant on 'MasterChef US'
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark