My film has authentic information about 26/11: Ram Gopal Varma
Mumbai: Filmmaker Ram Gopal Varma says he has stuck to authentic facts for ‘The Attacks of 26/11’, his movie based on the 2008 Mumbai terror attack.
A 15-minute sequence from the movie was showcased here Friday.
"As much as possible, I would say that it is a complete, true representation of what happened and the reason for that is most of the sources are either eyewitness accounts or Kasab`s (terrorist Ajmal Amir Kasab) confession to police charge sheets to the judgment copy...," Varma said Friday at the screening.
"So most of it is authentic information. I did not try to suggest anything which is not in the popular knowledge," he added.
Meanwhile, asked about the opposition he faced during the making of the film, Varma said: "Actually the reverse is true. I think a lot of people went out of their way to co-operate in this film`s shooting, including authorities."
"If (there are) some people who have a problem, it is more of a misunderstanding and misconception. They don`t know about my correct intention behind this film. But most people have incredibly co-operated in the making of this film," he added.
In the movie, Varma has shown the exact sequence of events of 26/11, the night when 10 terrorists created havoc in Mumbai, killing 166 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kriti Sanon to learn the culture, diction of UP for upcoming films!
- 'Moana' release date out!
- Box office report: Riteish Deshmukh's 'Banjo' fails to overpower Amitabh Bachchan's 'Pink'
- Katrina Kaif, Fawad Khan in winter romance in Karan Johar's next
- Five dialogues from Ranbir Kapoor's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' trailer that will definitely win your heart!