My `Gippi` script got me support: Sonam Nair
Mumbai: Sonam Nair gives credit to her `Gippi` script for impressing producer Karan Johar and convincing him to produce her first directorial venture.
Sonam had earlier worked as an assistant director in Ayan Mukerji`s `Wake Up Sid`, which was also produced by Karan`s Dharma Productions.
"It wasn`t that I got the support from Dharma, my script got the support... So I think, if I would have written a script, which was not `Gippi`, then maybe I would still be an assistant director," she said here in an interview.
"I think Karan really liked my script, he related to it. So, he permitted me to make the film. It wasn`t like that I went and said I want to direct a film, he was won over by the script," she added.
"Gippi" is the story of a teenage girl, played by debutant Riya Vij, and how she tackles changes in her life.
The debutant director is also happy more and more women are going behind the camera to direct movies.
"It`s good that more women are making films now. There will surely be a difference when a film would be made by a man and a woman. It`s nice that the women perspective is coming up now," said Sonam.
Releasing May 10, the comedy also stars Divya Dutta and Taaha Shah.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan will entice you in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' as a beautiful poetess!
- Can you guess how many Indian films made it to BBC's list of best 100 films? – Full list inside
- Shah Rukh Khan's epic film 'Darr' gets its own web series 'DARR 2.0'—Watch teaser!
- Deepika Padukone getting Rs 11 crore for Sanjay Leela Bhansali's 'Padmavati'? Here's the truth
- 'Raaz Reboot' passed with no cuts by CBFC: Mukesh Bhatt