My job ends with film`s shooting: Nana Patekar
Mumbai: Actor Nana Patekar doesn`t believe in asking people to watch his films as he feels his job ends once he completes the shooting for a project.
"My work ends when the shoot is over, the dubbing is over. This is not my work to shout and tell people, `Please watch my film, it is very good`. If it is good, they will watch, if it`s bad then they will not," the 61-year-old told reporters here Wednesday.
But given the aggressive marketing and promotion of films, Nana is changing with times, and opening up.
"Times have changed and that`s why I have come today. But I really feel bad telling people to watch my film, it`s like begging. I think if it`s good you`ll watch, if bad then it will automatically fall," he added.
Meanwhile, Nana, who has teamed up with filmmaker Priyadarshan for the first time in "Kamaal, Dhamaal, Malamaal", says he waited a long time to work with him.
"I had been wanting to work with Priyan for so many years. We also talked about some things but nothing materialised. It took us so many years to get together, so it`s amazing that he did not cast me for such a long time," Nana said.
‘Kamaal, Dhamaal, Malamaal’, releasing Friday, also features Shreyas Talpade, southern actress Madhurrima and Paresh Rawal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Slow salute: Akshay Kumar praises brave constable for saving woman's life – Watch video
- Lovemaking makes men more likely to feel divine: Study
- Film Festivals purest form of education for budding filmmakers: Arjun Kapoor
- Pakistan-born actor Marc Anwar apologises for racist rant about Indians
- Ronan Farrow pays tribute to brother Thaddeus
- Gulzar reveals Rajesh Khanna acted in 'Anand' at a nominal fee
- Getting threats over 'Parched', claims director
- Harshvardhan Kapoor, Saiyami Kher in 'Mirzya' second TRAILER set the mood for classic tale! Watch here
- We'll live up to hype around 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story': Neeraj Pandey
- Parineeti Chopra excited, nervous to work with Irrfan Khan