My role in `Bank-Chor` unlike stereotypical comedian: Kapil Sharma
Mumbai: Stand-up comedian Kapil Sharma, who is ready to make a film debut with Yash Raj Films` (YRF) ‘Bank-Chor’, says his role in the movie defies the stereotypical portrayal of a comedian.
The 32-year-old has signed a three-film contract with YRF.
‘Bank-Chor’ will be produced under the production banner`s Youth Films Division Y-Films, which made ‘Mere Dad Ki Maruti’.
"It’s a privilege and a dream to be part of the YRF family and have my launch with their Youth Films Studio, Y-Films. The script is the most exciting part since it`s the kind of role that`s very unlike the stereotype of a comedian or what people could typecast me as," Kapil said in a statement.
He says that he has already started "working on the nuances of the character".
"I`ve always loved and watched thrillers and this is a thriller comedy, so it`s even better," said the star comedian, who has become a rage courtesy his hit chat show ‘Comedy Nights With Kapil’.
He is excited about turning over a new leaf with the movie.
"I’ve done serious theatre for years before comedy. Finally with YRF’s vision, I’ll get to do this again after a 12-year break and this script has equal scope of comedy. It’s sure to surprise my fans," he said.
‘Bank-Chor’, directed by Bumpy and produced by Ashish Patil, is a comic caper that tells the story of three people who pick a wrong day to rob a bank. What happens when the trio is inadvertently caught in a crossfire of cops, industrialists and corrupt politicians, forms the rest of the story.
The movie will go on floors in April.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Runway Bridal to return with fourth edition in September
- Mr World 2016 Rohit Khandelwal says it is easier for models to enter Bollywood!
- Sonakshi Sinha does not have aptitude to join politics!- READ
- Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput fulfil grandmother Neelima Azeem's wish!
- Veteran writer Salim Khan hails Bombay HC judgement on Haji Ali
- 'Lion' trailer: Dev Patel once again proves his acting brilliance – Watch
- Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' vs Hrithik Roshan's 'Mohenjo Daro': Week two BO collections are out!
- Mechanic Resurrection movie review: Fails to rise
- Taapsee Pannu, Neeraj Pandey reteam on 'Meera'
- 'A Flying Jatt' Box Office collections: Tiger Shroff-Jacqueline Fernandez starrer mints Rs 7.10 cr on opening day!