My unsuccessful films are my `biggest learnings`: Aamir Khan
New Delhi: In a career of almost 25 years, Aamir Khan has seen successes and flops. But it is his failures that he credits for his life`s "biggest learnings", saying that it doesn`t matter to him if his films make Rs.100 crore or more but he gets "upset" if people lose money from a film which rides on his name.
"There are a lot of films I did that didn`t make me happy, but it is also true that you don`t always get success despite all efforts. When I look back and see these films, I feel that I`ve learnt a lot from my unsuccessful films. Those are my biggest learnings," Aamir said here.
"My failures have taught me as much as my successful films, and they are equally special to me," the 48-year-old said.
The ace actor-filmmaker opened up about his efforts to juggle between films and a TV show, his "guilt" over not being able to spent time with his family, the Khan rivalry in Bollywood and more.
Aamir, who dabbles in films of different kinds, says he undergoes just one pressure when he signs a project - and it has nothing to do with numbers.
"I feel that whoever buys a ticket to my film, doesn`t go back feeling that it was a waste. The audience should feel entertained. That`s all. I don`t get into numbers. It has to touch hearts what money it makes, that doesn`t matter to me," Aamir said and explained how he remembers his favourite movies ‘Pyaasa’ and ‘Mughal-e-Azam’ for their craft and not for how much money they made.
But does it upset him when his films don`t do commercially well?
"I don`t like it if anyone suffers loss," he said.
"I feel upset as I feel people should get their money back from a film, and make at least 10 to 15 percent profit at least. Whether they make Rs. 200 crore or Rs. 400 crore, I am not interested in it. But I like my films to be commercially viable," he said.
On the Bollywood front, Aamir currently awaits the release of ‘Dhoom: 3’, which stars him as a villain. The much-awaited film, the third in the popular franchise of Yash Raj Films, releases Dec 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bipasha Basu's latest fashion summer hack will give you style goals – See pic
- Shah Rukh Khan's son Aryan Khan parties hard at graduation bash! – Pics inside
- Men are from Mars and women from Venus, indeed – Here’s a proof
- Sooraj Pancholi flaunts toned abs, credits 'Rocky Balboa' Sylvester Stallone as his biggest inspiration – See pic
- Celina Jaitly sizzles in elegant black gown and red lips at red carpet in Dubai – See pic
- Radhika Apte’s ‘Phobia’ will break stereotype of Indian horror films
- 'Meri Pyaari Bindu' shoot diaries: Check out Parineeti Chopra-Ayushmann Khurrana's joyride!
- Sidharth, Alia perfect for 'Aashiqui 3': Mukesh Bhatt
- Unveiled! First teaser poster of Riteish Deshmukh, Nargis Fakhri's 'Banjo' – View pic
- Box Office report of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Randeep Hooda starrer 'Sarbjit'