My unsuccessful films are my `biggest learnings`: Aamir Khan
New Delhi: In a career of almost 25 years, Aamir Khan has seen successes and flops. But it is his failures that he credits for his life`s "biggest learnings", saying that it doesn`t matter to him if his films make Rs.100 crore or more but he gets "upset" if people lose money from a film which rides on his name.
"There are a lot of films I did that didn`t make me happy, but it is also true that you don`t always get success despite all efforts. When I look back and see these films, I feel that I`ve learnt a lot from my unsuccessful films. Those are my biggest learnings," Aamir said here.
"My failures have taught me as much as my successful films, and they are equally special to me," the 48-year-old said.
The ace actor-filmmaker opened up about his efforts to juggle between films and a TV show, his "guilt" over not being able to spent time with his family, the Khan rivalry in Bollywood and more.
Aamir, who dabbles in films of different kinds, says he undergoes just one pressure when he signs a project - and it has nothing to do with numbers.
"I feel that whoever buys a ticket to my film, doesn`t go back feeling that it was a waste. The audience should feel entertained. That`s all. I don`t get into numbers. It has to touch hearts what money it makes, that doesn`t matter to me," Aamir said and explained how he remembers his favourite movies ‘Pyaasa’ and ‘Mughal-e-Azam’ for their craft and not for how much money they made.
But does it upset him when his films don`t do commercially well?
"I don`t like it if anyone suffers loss," he said.
"I feel upset as I feel people should get their money back from a film, and make at least 10 to 15 percent profit at least. Whether they make Rs. 200 crore or Rs. 400 crore, I am not interested in it. But I like my films to be commercially viable," he said.
On the Bollywood front, Aamir currently awaits the release of ‘Dhoom: 3’, which stars him as a villain. The much-awaited film, the third in the popular franchise of Yash Raj Films, releases Dec 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Ranveer Singh – Vaani Kapoor entertaintain contestants; Elena Kazan gets evicted
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi to make a comeback on Salman Khan's show?
- Relationships, friendships and more: Karan Johar reveals the truth about actors
- Ranveer Singh prefers to protect his personal life!
- Seven times Karisma Kapoor gave us serious fashion goals
- Box Office report: Here's how much 'Dear Zindagi', 'Kahaani 2' collected on Saturday!
- Rana Daggubati, Taapsee Pannu's 'The Ghazi Attack' to strike patriotic chord
- What made Sanjay Leela Bhansali believe that Deepika Padukone's 'Padmavati' has kick started!
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2' new teaser trailer takes excitement up a notch
- Is THIS the reason why Farhan Akhtar refused to act in Akshay Kumar's 'Gold'?