Navi Mumbai set to host its first international film fest
Mumbai: Navi Mumbai, known as the satellite city to Mumbai, is set to host its first ever Film Festival named Navi Mumbai International Film Festival (NMIFF).
The three-day festival will start Jan 31 at the DY Patil Auditorium in Nerul, said a statement.
“NMIFF is determined to provide an international platform to talented filmmakers. We want Navi Mumbai to be highlighted as international spot which is yet deprived of any festival like this. This will expose local talent too of the area on world map,” said Sachin Khanna, festival founder and chairman.
“This is our first year and we have already received an overwhelming response, and we are looking forward to a great three-day festival showcasing some of the best films,” he added.
NMIFF will screen around 22 movies in three categories - student shorts, professional shorts and feature films. These categories are inclusive of short, animation, documentaries, music videos and social awareness films.
The winners will be selected by a panel of esteemed jury members and awarded with cash prizes and trophies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'TE3N' trailer: Amitabh Bachchan, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Vidya Balan team up to decode a mystery – Watch
- Katrina Kaif’s astonishing weight loss no game for 'Jagga Jasoos' makers!
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan to skip amfAR Gala for 'Sarbjit'
- Want 'Sarbjit' to release in Pakistan: Omung Kumar
- Hollywood bound? Deepika Padukone auditions for role in Tom Cruise starrer 'The Mummy'