Nawazuddin a fascinating actor: Ketan Mehta
Mumbai: Director Ketan Mehta, who roped in versatile actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui to play the title role in `Manjhi - The Mountain Man`, praises the actor saying he is "committed and very fascinating".
Set in 1960, `Manjhi - The Mountain Man` is based on the life of Dashrath Manjhi, who for over 22 years worked on carving out a path through a mountain using just a hammer and a chisel. He dug a roadway out of a mountain that separated his village in Bihar from the nearest hospital.
In the film, Nawazuddin plays Manjhi.
"Nawaz is a very good actor. I enjoyed working with him. He is a very committed and very fascinating actor. He has done a brilliant job in the film," Mehta said here Saturday during a press conference about the film.
Talking about how he signed the National Award-winning actor for the project, Mehta said: "I had seen some of his roles. Besides, his physical type also matched a lot with the character (of Dashrath Manjhi)."
"Nawaz read the script and he loved it a lot and he immediately gave his nod," he added.
`Manjhi - The Mountain Man` features Radhika Apte as Nawaz`s wife. Besides, it also features filmmaker Tigmanshu Dhulia and actor Prashant Narayanan in key roles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi’s fiancée and Monalisa’s boyfriend make an appearance
- Himesh Reshammiya, Iulia Vantur join forces for 'Every Night And Day' from 'Aap Se Mausiiquii'
- Karan Johar opens up about his love life!
- Sonam Kapoor looks ravishing in Shantanu & Nikhil design!
- Non-bailable warrant against 'Bigg Boss 10' contestant Om Swami cancelled!
- Opening day Box Office collections of Vidya Balan's 'Kahaani 2' are out!
- Box Office report: Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt's 'Dear Zindagi' nears Rs 50 crore mark
- Mahira Khan's role chopped in big Bollywood debut 'Raees'—Here's all you need to know
- Sonam Kapoor to play Madhuri Dixit in Sanjay Dutt's biopic?
- Here's how Ranbir Kapoor will be transformed into Sanjay Dutt for Baba's biopic!