Near-fatal accident on Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s ‘Ram Leela’ sets
Delhi: In a serious accident that took place on the sets of the film ‘Ram Leela’ a couple of days ago, a crew member has been injured severely. Chandramani Vishwakarma fell from a height of around 45 feet, on to a parapet. Owing to the fact that he’d fallen on a parapet and not on the ground, Chandramani escaped with injuries on his legs and back, which could, otherwise, have been fatal.
A source from the sets of ‘Ram Leela’ narrated the horrific incident to Hindustan Times, “Lead actors Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone were on their way. Bhansali was busy supervising the arrangements when the accident took place. Chandramani lost his balance. Thankfully, he fell on a parapet. Else it could have been fatal. The cast and crew were extremely apprehensive about his chances of recovery. With Bhansali`s help, he was admitted on time. By god`s grace, he is somewhat better now.”
Sanjay Leela Bhansali, as per reports, immediately called the shoot to a stop, got Chandramani admitted to a hospital and looked after the entire monetary side of it. The source added, “Such concern for one`s crew members is rare in today`s times. Chandramani`s family is extremely grateful to Bhansali, who has been rather modest about it though.”
There have been other accidents on the sets of ‘Ram Leela’ earlier, including one where lead actor Ranveer Singh was hurt and another where Deepika Padukone had suffered an injury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan will entice you in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' as a beautiful poetess!
- Can you guess how many Indian films made it to BBC's list of best 100 films? – Full list inside
- Shah Rukh Khan's epic film 'Darr' gets its own web series 'DARR 2.0'—Watch teaser!
- Deepika Padukone getting Rs 11 crore for Sanjay Leela Bhansali's 'Padmavati'? Here's the truth
- 'Raaz Reboot' passed with no cuts by CBFC: Mukesh Bhatt