Neck and neck fight between `Nautanki Saala!`, `Commando`
New Delhi: ‘Nautanki Saala!’ and ‘Commando’ are giving a tough fight to each other at the box office with Rs.7.5 crore and Rs.7.08 crore earnings respectively in first two days of their releases.
If director Rohan Sippy`s ‘Nautanki Saala’ is a comedy of errors with entertaining performances by actors Ayushmann Khuranna and Kunal Roy Kapoor, "Commando" is an action-packed drama riding on the shoulders of lead actor Vidyut Jamwal.
Trade analyst Taran Aadarsh tweeted: "`Nautanki Saala!` Friday (collection) Rs.3.25 crore. Picked up at the (multi)plexes of urban centres."
The movie`s collection jumped to Rs.4.25 crore on Saturday.
Packed with humour, ‘Nautanki Saala!’ also features Pooja Salvi and Evelyn Sharma. Co-produced by Bhushan Kumar and Ramesh Sippy, the movie has been made on a low budget.
Director Dilip Ghosh`s "Commando" is not far behind. It earned Rs.3.69 crore on Friday and Rs.3.39 crore on Saturday.
"`Commando` excellent at single screens of mass circuits," tweeted Adarsh.
In the film, Vidyut, 34, who made his Bollywood debut in a negative role in John Abraham-starrer "Force" in 2011, is accompanied by former Miss India Pooja Chopra and Jaideep Ahlawat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan 'raped woman' remark: Varun Dhawan's reaction is the most quintessential one!
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show': Sufi musicians Wadali Brothers to grace the show
- 'Raped woman' remark: More trouble for Salman Khan, NCW summons actor on July 8
- Bold and Blunt! This is how Kangana Ranaut reacted to a question about Hrithik Roshan
- Sharmila Tagore, Deepa Mehta among Oscar Academy's new members