New venue likely for IFFI`s opening and closing ceremonies
Panaji: Goa government today said the opening and closing ceremonies of the International Film Festival of India (IFFI) next month could be held at a newly constructed indoor stadium near here.
The stadium at Bambolim has been constructed to host some events of the Lusofonia Games to he held in January next year. While IFFI would be organsied from November 20-30, the international sporting event is scheduled from January 18-29.
Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said the stadium near Goa University, constructed as part of infrastructure for Lusofonia Games, is likely to be the venue for the inaugural and concluding ceremonies of IFFI 2013.
The sporting complex has a capacity to accommodate 6,000-7,000 guests, he said.
The multi-purpose stadium will host basketball and volleyball matches during Lusofonia Games, which will see participation from a dozen Portuguese-speaking countries.
The twin IFFI events have been traditionally held in the auditorium at Kala Academy, which also houses a theatre used during the ten-day-long festival, located in the heart of the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Jacqueline Fernandez do a sex comedy? Details inside
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 605—Tanushree makes another attempt to denigrate Pragya
- In pics: Meet the real-life 'Babita Ji' Munmun Dutta from 'Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah'!
- I could never do what Priyanka has done: Kareena Kapoor Khan on Hollywood
- Look what Ssharad Malhotra has to say about ex-girlfriend Divyanka Tripathi and Vivek Dahiya’s marriage
- Check out this brand new still from the sets of 'Sultan'! See pic
- Fixing copyright violation on 'Cabaret': Pooja Bhatt
- Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay' journey is no less than a milestone! Watch here
- Hey, Deepika Padukone is the new Serena but with a GUN! See pic inside
- Hotness overload! Ranveer Singh, Fawad Khan bromance on reel?