New venue likely for IFFI`s opening and closing ceremonies
Panaji: Goa government today said the opening and closing ceremonies of the International Film Festival of India (IFFI) next month could be held at a newly constructed indoor stadium near here.
The stadium at Bambolim has been constructed to host some events of the Lusofonia Games to he held in January next year. While IFFI would be organsied from November 20-30, the international sporting event is scheduled from January 18-29.
Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said the stadium near Goa University, constructed as part of infrastructure for Lusofonia Games, is likely to be the venue for the inaugural and concluding ceremonies of IFFI 2013.
The sporting complex has a capacity to accommodate 6,000-7,000 guests, he said.
The multi-purpose stadium will host basketball and volleyball matches during Lusofonia Games, which will see participation from a dozen Portuguese-speaking countries.
The twin IFFI events have been traditionally held in the auditorium at Kala Academy, which also houses a theatre used during the ten-day-long festival, located in the heart of the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Daddy Akshay Kumar goes mango plucking for daughter
- Demi Moore, daughter look identical in new image
- When Martin Sheen felt 'powerless'
- Happy Birthday AbRam Khan!
- Zayn Malik spends 'a lot of time in kitchen'
- Adah Sharma meets with accident, hospitalised
- Check out: First look of Salman Khan in`Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Watch: Ranveer Singh in 'Hunger Ki Bajao' video!
- See pics: Riteish, Genelia with their little bundle of joy 'Riaan'!
- See: Three generations of Bachchan 'parivar' in one frame!
- Check out: Amitabh Bachchan tweets 'Piku' key chain!
- Kate Winslet feels makeup is 'liberating'
- Shield hair from monsoon humidity
- Eva Longoria wants fitness empire
- Akshay Kumar to launch his clothing line
- Lady Gaga gets over 30 wedding dress sketches from top designers
- Ditch black for bold and bright this summer
- Style up in suede in spring, summer
- Kylie's lip fillers changed her confidence: Kim Kardashian
- Jane Fonda proud to be a fashion icon
- Fashion is not for everybody: Dolce and Gabbana
- Designer Monisha Jaising to enter e-commerce
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- CBSE Class 12th Board Exam Results 2015: cbseresults.nic.in crashes