New `Zanjeer` different from original: Apoorva Lakhia
Mumbai: Filmmaker Apoorva Lakhia says his new movie ‘Zanjeer’, a remake of the eponymous 1973 production, is different from the original and has more commercial elements.
"I`m very happy with the way the film has shaped up. This project is very close to my heart and it`s different from the original. It`s a commercial film and I`m eagerly waiting for its release," Lakhia, who has directed the movie said.
"I am happy with the power-packed performance of Ram Charan (Teja) and Priyanka (Chopra). They have done a fabulous job," he added.
The promotions for the movie will kickstart from August.
"Promotions play a vital role these days. The film will be hitting the screens Sep 6," he added.
Produced by Amit Mehra, the film has southern star Ram Charan Teja reprising megastar Amitabh Bachchan`s role from the original. Priyanka will essay the part of Mala, originally played by Jaya Bachchan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kriti Sanon to learn the culture, diction of UP for upcoming films!
- 'Moana' release date out!
- Box office report: Riteish Deshmukh's 'Banjo' fails to overpower Amitabh Bachchan's 'Pink'
- Katrina Kaif, Fawad Khan in winter romance in Karan Johar's next
- Five dialogues from Ranbir Kapoor's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' trailer that will definitely win your heart!