New `Zanjeer` different from original: Apoorva Lakhia
Mumbai: Filmmaker Apoorva Lakhia says his new movie ‘Zanjeer’, a remake of the eponymous 1973 production, is different from the original and has more commercial elements.
"I`m very happy with the way the film has shaped up. This project is very close to my heart and it`s different from the original. It`s a commercial film and I`m eagerly waiting for its release," Lakhia, who has directed the movie said.
"I am happy with the power-packed performance of Ram Charan (Teja) and Priyanka (Chopra). They have done a fabulous job," he added.
The promotions for the movie will kickstart from August.
"Promotions play a vital role these days. The film will be hitting the screens Sep 6," he added.
Produced by Amit Mehra, the film has southern star Ram Charan Teja reprising megastar Amitabh Bachchan`s role from the original. Priyanka will essay the part of Mala, originally played by Jaya Bachchan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Priyanka Chopra's 'Quantico' to talk about Donald Trump, immigration policies
- Paul Walker was like an older brother to me: Scott Eastwood
- 'Bigg Boss 10' winner Manveer Gurjar is disappointed with Aakanksha Sharmaa! - Watch
- Salman Khan has always stood by me as friend: Raveena Tandon
- Sunil Grover OUT of 'The Kapil Sharma Show'? Here's the TRUTH
- Anushka Sharma and Diljit Dosanjh's 'Phillauri' makes Rs 12 cr ahead of its release! Here's how
- Lara Dutta Bhupathi to play a single mother in her next
- Vidya Balan was destined to do 'Begum Jaan': Srijit Mukherji
- 'Golmaal Again' team meets 'Smurfs: The Lost Village' and you have to see the PICTURE!
- Raveena Tandon's 'Maatr' first look poster OUT!