NFDC dedicates `Anhey Ghorey...` to Mani Kaul
New Delhi: The National Film Development Corporation (NFDC) has decided to dedicate National award-winning Punjabi film ‘Anhey Ghorey Da Daan’ to late filmmaker Mani Kaul, who was also the movie`s creative producer.
Directed by Gurvinder Singh and funded by NFDC, the film is based on Jnanpeeth Award winner Gurdial Singh`s novel of the same title. It portrays the plight and problems of Indian farmers as well as the landlords on outskirts of Punjab.
"Mani Kaul was my mentor and the creative producer on the film. Just two months after his passing away, the film became the first Punjabi film to be showcased at Venice Film Festival. His loss shall always be felt, so the dedication is but natural," Singh said in a statement.
Mani Kaul died in July 2011.
The film, slated to release Friday with English subtitles, has been earning rave reviews at international film festivals like 55th BFI London Film Festival, Busan International Film Festival, Tromso International Film Festival and International Film Festival Rotterdam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Good news! Fawad Khan to become daddy dear a second time
- Bhai-Bhai! Shah Rukh Khan CYCLING with Salman Khan will wash away your morning blues
- Planning a monsoon wedding? Here’s a perfect guide for you
- Size 'DOES' matter in bedroom, says new research
- Shocking! Women to swap men for sex robots by 2025