NFDC dedicates `Anhey Ghorey...` to Mani Kaul
New Delhi: The National Film Development Corporation (NFDC) has decided to dedicate National award-winning Punjabi film ‘Anhey Ghorey Da Daan’ to late filmmaker Mani Kaul, who was also the movie`s creative producer.
Directed by Gurvinder Singh and funded by NFDC, the film is based on Jnanpeeth Award winner Gurdial Singh`s novel of the same title. It portrays the plight and problems of Indian farmers as well as the landlords on outskirts of Punjab.
"Mani Kaul was my mentor and the creative producer on the film. Just two months after his passing away, the film became the first Punjabi film to be showcased at Venice Film Festival. His loss shall always be felt, so the dedication is but natural," Singh said in a statement.
Mani Kaul died in July 2011.
The film, slated to release Friday with English subtitles, has been earning rave reviews at international film festivals like 55th BFI London Film Festival, Busan International Film Festival, Tromso International Film Festival and International Film Festival Rotterdam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Book lovers go gaga as cine-star Rishi Kapoor takes centrestage at Zee Jaipur Literature Festival
- 'Iron Man 3' actor Miguel Ferrer dead after battling throat cancer
- Zaira Wasim controversy: 'Dangal' star's posters burnt in Kashmir valley
- THIS is what Shah Rukh Khan can't do in front of camera!
- Shah Rukh Khan heads to 'Bigg Boss 10' sets, will meet Salman Khan!
- Deepika Padukone wants to work with THIS Hollywood superstar!
- Commando 2 POSTERS: Vidyut Jammwal, Esha Gupta, Adah Sharma and Freddy Daruwala pack a punch!
- 'Logan' TRAILER alert! Wolverine is back and how—Watch here
- Harshvardhan Kapoor expresses displeasure over Diljit Dosanjh's debut award win
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ and Roshans’ ‘Kaabil’ clash: My father is hurt, says Hrithik