Niranjan Iyengar to pen dialogues for Anil Kapoor`s `24`
Mumbai: Noted Bollywood writer Niranjan Iyengar is happy to pen dialogues for Anil Kapoor`s much awaited show "24".
Iyengar has written dialogues for films like `Kal Ho Na Ho`, `Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna`, `Fashion`, `My Name is Khan`, `Heroine` and `Student of the Year`.
Basking in the success of `D Day`, Niranjan is busy with two TV shows -`Jee Le Zara` and Kapoor`s most talked about project `24`, which is the Indian adaptation of popular American espionage drama of the same name.
The Hindi version is written by Rensil D`Silva and produced by Bollywood actor Anil Kapoor.
"Rensil D`Silva is the writer of the show. I was approached to write dialogues for the last ten episodes of the show. I have seen the original show and loved it to the core. I am happy to be associated with a project of this stature," Iyengar told PTI.
The show `24` is different from the international version and Niranjan is happy to be a part of it.
Iyengar reveals he was earlier a bit hesitant to write for TV because he felt he was not disciplined to write everyday like they do in television.
"I feel writing for TV and film is different. It was my friend Shristi Arya, the producer of the show `Jee Le Zara`, who offered me to write for this show. It has a different storyline," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shah Rukh Khan, Nawazuddin to promote 'Raees' in Dubai
- It's better late than never: Shatrughan Sinha on award
- Tubelight: First pictures of Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan's shoot are here
- Akshay Kumar, Subhash Kapoor's candid camaraderie on 'Jolly LLB 2' sets is too much fun – Watch
- 'Dangal' Box Office report: Aamir Khan starrer crosses Rs 100 crore mark in Mumbai