No pressure of remaking `Aashiqui`: Mohit Suri
Mumbai: Director Mohit Suri, who has directed ‘Aashiqui 2’, says he was never bogged down by the pressure of remaking a cult film, as he simply wanted to make a good film.
"What we tried to do is to be honest to today, and not be succumbed by the pressure of a classical or cult film. What we wanted to make is a good film today, making a film that people will like today and not be bogged down by the pressure," the 31-year-old said here in an interview.
‘Aashiqui 2’ is said to be inspired by the musical saga and romantic story that the 1990 film ‘Aashiqui’ was.
Asked if Suri treated the film in any special way while directing it, he said: "Never looked at things as treatment or direction. You make films not with your head, but with your heart. Especially a film like `Aashiqui`. It`s not like I followed a way to shoot it, I just took the camera and shot it."
‘Aashiqui 2’, releasing April 26, stars Aditya Roy Kapoor and Shraddha Kapoor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawazuddin to star in Sohail Khan's next
- Emraan Hashmi in and as 'Azhar' releases terrific first look on Azharuddin's birthday—See pic!
- Nicolas Cage to star in 'Vengeance: A Love Story'
- Vidya Balan to play 'Begum Jaan' in Mahesh Bhatt's next!
- It's awesome! 'The Jungle Book' trailer will sweep fans off their feet-- Watch