Not Katrina Kaif, it is Deepika Padukone for Shah Rukh Khan!
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Here’s some good news for the fans of Deepika Padukone. The dimpled hottie has bagged yet another film opposite Shah Rukh Khan. After her grand debut in Farah Khan’s SRK starrer ‘Om Shanti Om’, Deepika got the opportunity to romance King Khan in Rohit Shetty’s ‘Chennai Express’.
And if the latest buzz is anything to go by, then the Bangalorean beauty will be seen playing Shah Rukh’s love interest in ‘Happy New Year’. The film will see Farah-Shah Rukh-Deepika team up once again after 8 long years!
Apparently, Katrina Kaif was also being considered to play the female lead. But owing to date issues, the sizzling hot actress had to decline the project.
Talking to DNA, a source said, “She (Katrina) would have loved to do Farah’s film. Farah initially wanted to sign a completely new girl for ‘Happy New Year’, but when she couldn’t find the right girl to play her leading lady, she zeroed in on Kat. The actress and Farah are very fond of each other ever since they worked together in ‘Tees Maar Khan’. The film’s failure did not affect their mutual fondness. To be in Farah’s next and that too with Shah Rukh with whom Katrina really hit off during ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’, would have been fab. She wanted to do Happy New Year but as Kat is committed to finish Vijay Krishna Acharya’s Dhoom 3 and Siddharth Anand’s Bang Bang before working for Kapoor’s and Khan’s films, she could not do it.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- HC refuses to stay summons to 'Jolly LLB 2' team
- Rangoon: Saif Ali Khan’s interview with ‘Shopkeeper’ Gaurav Gera is hilarious – Watch
- Ranbir Kapoor looks exactly like young Sanjay Dutt in leaked PICS from the biopic!
- Toilet - Ek Prem Katha: New still featuring Akshay Kumar, Bhumi Pednekar out
- 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania' promotions: Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt take Jaipur by storm - Watch