Not upset over `Bhaag Milkha Bhaag` losing Oscar nomination race: Farhan
Mumbai: Actor-filmmaker Farhan Akhtar is not perturbed about his sports movie `Bhaag Milkha Bhaag` not going to the Oscars as India`s official entry.
`The Good Road`, a Gujarati film, has been chosen as India`s entry to the 2014 Oscars in the Best Foreign Language Film category.
The Gyan Correa-directed movie beat back challenge from Hindi films like `The Lunchbox` and `Bhaag Milkha Bhaag` to represent India at the prestigious award event.
"We made the film the way we wanted to... Audience have liked it too. We are happy. There is a selection committee which decides which film should go (to Oscars)... It is up to them. I am fine with it," Farhan told reporters here today when asked about `Bhaag Milkha Bhaag` not making the cut.
The 39-year-old actor is happy to have teamed up with actress Vidya Balan for an upcoming project, `Shaadi Ke Side Effects`.
"She is a very talented actress. She is doing amazing work since the last 3-4 years and I am sure she will continue to do so. Working with talented people helps you improve and learn new things," he added.
Farhan and his producer-friend Ritesh Sidhwani have been appointed brand ambassadors for a Bollywood portal, Flickbay, a social networking site about Hindi movies.
"Our vision is to make word of mouth on movies matter most. We want to make the lives of moviegoers simpler by providing a one stop shop for everything related to Bollywood. The key feature of Flickbay is that it is a social and interactive website that promotes user generated reviews.
"Its a great medium for people to catch up on the reviews of films and post their comments," Farhan said.
The website features film contents like trailers, songs and video clips among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shraddha Kapoor breaks the style code in latest Harper's Bazaar cover! – See pic
- Monsoon getaway: Bigg Boss contestant Mandana Karimi rocks in white while holidaying in Goa- See pic
- Monsoon trouble for shoes? Best tips to save your footwear this rainy season
- 'Rustom': The re-invention of Akshay Kumar
- Milkha Singh launches 'Read India' initiative
- 'Sultan' promo out: Salman Khan gets defensive for Shah Rukh Khan! - Watch
- Shahid Kapoor-Alia Bhatt's 'Udta Punjab' steady at Box Office, mints Rs 57.56 crore!
- 'Sultan': Spectacular Anushka Sharma as a bride will win your heart!- See full pic
- 'Shorgul' not to be released in Muzaffarnagar
- I will produce Hollywood films in future: Vashu Bhagnani