Not worthy of being in `The Great Gatsby` poster, says Amitabh Bachchan
Mumbai: Megastar Amitabh Bachchan, who is making his international debut with Baz Luhrmann`s ‘The Great Gatsby’, feels it`s "not worth" being part of the film`s poster keeping in mind his blink-and-miss appearance. However, he can’t deny the order of the director.
"The poster of `The Great Gatsby`, something I thought to be too presumptuous but Baz Luhrmann insisted that it be done so there," the 70-year-old tweeted with a picture of himself wearing a hat and beard on his face.
Big B plays Meyer Wolfsheim in the $125 million 3D project, an adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald`s novel of the same name.
"The poster of mine for `The Great Gatsby`... not worthy of being there, considering my minuscule role, but Baz Luhrmann," he further tweeted.
In the film, Amitabh will be seen sharing the screen space with Hollywood stars Tobey Maguire and Leonardo Di Caprio.
Other cast members for the film include Joel Edgerton, Carey Mulligan and Isla Fisher.
‘The Great Gatsby’ will open the 66th edition of Cannes International Film Festival, starting May 15. and Amitabh will walk the red carpet with the team at the gala event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Victoria Leeds is NOT Alex Parrish, reveals Priyanka Chopra on her 'Baywatch' character—Full story inside
- '31st October' already a landmark for me: Soha Ali Khan
- Varun Dhawan working with Amitabh Bachchan? Nah, it's a rumour!
- Has Aamir Khan already started promoting 'Dangal'?
- Gulzar reveals Rajesh Khanna acted in 'Anand' at a nominal fee