Not writing `Delhi Belly 2`: Kiran Rao
Mumbai: ‘Delhi Belly’ may have been a success, but filmmaker Kiran Rao says she is not penning down the script of a sequel.
"I am not writing `Delhi Belly 2`, not writing or even directing `Delhi Belly 2`," Rao told reporters.
A bold, youth-centric drama, ‘Delhi Belly’ was directed by Abhinay Deo. It featured Imran Khan, Vir Das and Kunal Roy Kapoor in the lead.
The film ended with Imran`s uncle and Rao`s husband, actor-producer Aamir Khan, in an item boy avatar in the song "I hate you like I love you". At the end of the song, the banner of a new project ‘Disco Fighter’, which will be directed by Rao, flashed on the screen.
Grapevine had it that the movie would be a sequel to "Delhi Belly". But Rao has put the speculations to rest.
The ‘Dhobi Ghat’ director feels making a sequel to every film is not necessary.
"I guess if you have a good script as your sequel, it makes sense. But I don`t think there is any point in making a sequel just because the first one`s a success. Doesn`t make sense," she added.
‘Delhi Belly’ grossed over Rs.26 crore in its opening weekend.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Even Anushka Sharma failed to escape 'Pokemon Go' fever! Watch videos
- Who is the lead actress in Salman Khan's 'Tubelight'? Here's what we know so far!
- Bezwada Wilson, T M Krishna win Ramon Magsaysay Award
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 630—Pragya still loves Abhi, tries to win him back!
- My film choices are erratic: Varun Dhawan