Now Ajay Devgn approaches apellate tribunal against YRF
New Delhi: Following rejection from the Competition Commission of India (CCI) regarding their complaint against Yash Raj Films (YRF), alleging monopolistic practices, Ajay Devgn Films (ADF) has now approached the Competition Apellate Tribunal.
"We are shocked by the rejection of our legitimate case by the CCI. We have approached the appellate tribunal against the order," an Ajay Devgn Films spokesperson said in a statement.
ADF complained to the CCI against YRF alleging malpractice in connection with the clash of the release of the former`s ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’ (JTHJ), with the latter`s ‘Son Of Sardaar’ (SOS) on Diwali, Nov 13.
It was alleged that YRF was using its dominant position to ask exhibitors to dedicate more screens to JTHJ instead of SOS.
But the case was rejected Monday by the CCI, which stated there is no contravention of the provisions of the act by the alleged agreement between Yash Raj Films Private Limited and its various associated enterprises.
JTHJ is late filmmaker Yash Chopra`s last directorial featuring Shah Rukh Khan, Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma, while SOS stars Ajay Devgn, Sonakshi Sinha and Sanjay Dutt in key roles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh to donate money for research
- Ajay Devgn and Kajol create 'Shivaay' magic in Google and Facebook headquarters! Pics inside
- Check out Katrina Kaif's brand new look in 'Jagga Jasoos'! Pic inside
- Amitabh Bachchan's passion is of different level: Anees Bazmee
- Dhoni's biopic- 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story' to release in 4,500 screens across 60 countries!