Objectionable word in song muted, `Boss` producer tells court
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court Friday disposed of a PIL seeking a stay on release of Akshay Kumar-starrer `Boss` after its producer told them that an objectionable word in a song, sung by Yo Yo Honey Singh in the film, has been muted.
The decision was given by a division bench of Chief Justice N.V. Ramana and Justice Manmohan.
"The word in the song has been muted and the Central Board of Film Certification has issued a certificate in this regard on Oct 9," counsel for the producer told the court.
The movie is scheduled to hit screens Oct 16.
The PIL was filed by a practising lawyer, Sanjay Bhatnagar, through counsel R.D. Rana, who asked how the song was released with such a vulgar word without Censor Board`s approval.
The plea also contended that the song sung by rapper Honey Singh contained a vulgar word and the trailers are being shown on various TV channels and other media.
It sought that the film`s release be suspended till either the words or the song is deleted completely from the film.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Fukrey 2' put on hold, says director
- Katy Perry to release new album by 2016
- Newlywed Geri Halliwell adopts husband Christian Horner's name
- Sam Smith using an app to speak after surgery
- Sexually abused women often take surgery too far: Jane Fonda
- Dwayne Johnson officiates fans wedding
- Cobie Smulders stars in 'Unexpected' trailer
- New mothers under too much of pressure: Kimberly Wyatt
- 'Supergirl' won't have cross over with 'Arrow' and 'The Flash'
- 'Cooties' trailer unveiled
- Time has come to quit 'Doctors': Ian Kelsey
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Paul McCartney buys $15.5 million penthouse
- Dyeing hair helped Eva Green
- Michael Caine 'never tempted to stray' from wife
- I don't jump out of a trunk naked in 'The Duff': Ken Jeong
- I was called silly for doing 'Fashion': Priyanka Chopra
- Shah Rukh Khan discharged from hospital after knee surgery
- In Pics: Mallika Sherawat dazzles in Georges Hobeika gown!
- Sylvester Stallone wants action movie with Salman Khan
- Looking good allows better performance: Sunidhi on weight loss
- Kanye West donates $133,000 to art institution
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door