Oscar report came as a surprise, says Nimrat Kaur
Mumbai: Actress Nimrat Kaur, who debuted with ‘The Lunchbox’, said the report that the film was being considered for an Oscar nomination came as a surprise.
"Our film was released on Friday and the news came out on Saturday... I was too distracted with the feedback we were getting for our film. The Oscar report came as a surprise, we were hoping for our best," Nimrat Kaur told reporters during the inauguration of 4th edition of Jagran film festival.
While ‘The Lunchbox’ was one of the strong contenders, it was Gujarati film ‘The Good Road’ that was eventually chosen as India`s official entry.
The actress said she is very happy with the positive response to her debut film.
"`Lunch Box` has gotten only better with each passing day. The box office report doesn`t matter as its my first film and I am more than happy with the response the film has garnered."
Directed by Ritesh Batra, ‘The Lunchbox’ features Irrfan Khan and Nimrat Kaur in the lead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amid political tensions, three-tiered security for Oscars
- 'Lion' significantly talks about child adoption: Priyanka Bose
- It's Shahid Kapoor's birthday! Let's take a look at his TOP 5 roles
- Rangoon box office collections: Kangana, Shahid and Saif starrer witnesses slow start!
- 'Lipstick Under My Burkha': CBFC cites 'audio pornography', 'abusive words' reasons to refuse certification