Pankaj Kapur: Rs.100 crore club publicity gimmick
Mumbai: Veteran actor-turned-filmmaker Pankaj Kapur says the buzz around Rs.100-crore club movies is the same as the olden day`s silver jubilees. He terms it as a mere tool for film publicity.
The actor has witnessed the celebration of several silver jubilees - the completion of 25 weeks of a film`s run in theatres.
"Rs.100 crore clubs is a publicity gimmick, but if you say 25 weeks or silver jubilee, that also meant that `this is the amount of money that the film has made`. Basically, everybody is looking for success. Let`s not look at it in a derogatory way. Let us look at it in a positive way. I would say let us make more films which make this kind of money," said the actor.
The actor, who will soon be seen in Vishal Bhardwaj`s "Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola", says successful films provide employment opportunities, so the trend must be encouraged.
"In case the film does well and earns a large amount of money, it helps the producers to make more films and provide employment to lot of people," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are blackheads giving you nightmares? Relax, and watch this video
- Observed Ranbir's style to sing 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' song: Arijit Singh
- What made Sohail Khan shift focus to direction, production? Here's the truth
- Sanjay Dutt is still all 'bhai bhai' with Salman Khan? Scoop inside
- This temple in Karnataka’s coastal region has world’s second-tallest Shiva statue
- Revealed! Release date of Shah Rukh Khan's next with Aanand L Rai
- Aamir Khan was offered Hollywood projects! Know why he declined them
- Abhay Deol, Diana Penty's 'Happy Bhag Jayegi' to have a sequel? – Details inside
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan will entice you in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' as a beautiful poetess!
- Can you guess how many Indian films made it to BBC's list of best 100 films? – Full list inside