Party time for Vivek Oberoi, post `Grand Masti` success
Mumbai: Actor Vivek Oberoi is in a party mood as his latest release `Grand Masti`, an adult comedy replete with double entendres, earned Rs.26 crore in two days.
Made at Rs.35 crore, it has been written by Milap Zaveri and has earned brickbats from critics for innuendos and suggestive leery double-meaning dialogues.
But Vivek, whose movies like `Prince` and `Mission Istaanbul` bombed at the box office, is undeterred by the criticism and wants to enjoy the success that has come to him after a long while.
“Party! Milap. After a humungous start, `Grand Masti` (earned) even better than Friday on Saturday with Rs.13.5 crore! Grand total is now Rs.26 crore in just two days!",” Vivek posted on Twitter.
Directed by Indra Kumar, `Grand Masti` also features Riteish Deshmukh, Aftab Shivdasani, Sonalee Kulkarni, Kainaat Arora, Maryam Zakaria, Manjari Phadnis, Karishma Tanna and Bruna Abdullah.
Vivek also missed Riteish, who is busy shooting for Sajid Khan`s “Humshakals”, which is being produced by Vashu Bhagnani.
“Missing @Riteishd my darling `Masti-Khor`, wish you were here to party and celebrate with us bhauuuuu! Incomplete without you man! Come back na! (sic)," Vivek tweeted.
The film`s success is a good news for Aftab too.
“Been such an eventful Friday and Saturday! Completely elated and overwhelmed by the response,” he posted on the micro-blogging site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amid political tensions, three-tiered security for Oscars
- 'Lion' significantly talks about child adoption: Priyanka Bose
- It's Shahid Kapoor's birthday! Let's take a look at his TOP 5 roles
- Rangoon box office collections: Kangana, Shahid and Saif starrer witnesses slow start!
- 'Lipstick Under My Burkha': CBFC cites 'audio pornography', 'abusive words' reasons to refuse certification