Playing Shiva in `Midnight`s Children` wasn`t difficult: Siddharth
New Delhi: Southern star Siddharth says playing the role of Shiva in ‘Midnight`s Children’ came naturally to him, thanks to the film`s director Deepa Mehta and author Salman Rushdie on whose Booker Prize-winning novel the movie is based upon.
"I was really nervous about playing the character of Shiva as it is really an iconic character in the film. But since all the hard work was already done by Salman and Deepa for the character, I felt it became a very easy job for me," Siddharth said in a statement.
"Because of Salman Rushdie`s and Deepa Mehta`s great vision and efforts, the character came out exceptionally well. So it was quite unlike the other serious work that I have done," he added.
Being distributed by PVR Pictures in India, ‘Midnight`s Children’ is set for Feb 1 release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- We behaved with Shiney as nothing has happened: Anil Kapoor
- Glad to revisit gritty genre with 'Udta Punjab': Kareena Kapoor Khan
- 'Phantom'-asmic opening weekend, movie mints over 33 crore in three days!
- Medical charity MSF to take legal action against `Phantom` makers
- 'Hard-working' John Abraham prefers working on holidays