Plot to kill Gandhi subject of new film
Kolkata: Chronicling the sinister plot by Nathuram Godse and his partners to kill the `Mahatma`, Manohar Malgonkar`s book `The Men Who Killed Gandhi` would soon be made into a film.
Roli Books, the publishers of the book, today announced that Cinetek Films have bought the rights for the motion picture to be directed by Siddharth Sengupta.
The film is scheduled for release in January 2014 to mark the 66th death anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, they said in a statement.
The shooting will coincide with the Independence Day on August 15 this year.
The book is an account of Gandhi`s assassination with details of the plan, the politics revolving around and the trial of Nathuram Godse and his partners in crime ? Narayan Apte, Vishnu Karkare, Gopal Godse and Madanlal Pahwa.
The book looks at the reasons why Mahatma Gandhi was killed and how these five men came together and planned the assassination.
The author Malgonkar was then living in New Delhi, only one bungalow away from Birla House, where Gandhiji was killed.
When these events occurred he had access to some of the family members of the conspirators. As a result, he came into possession of several important photographs and documents related to the assassination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Daniel Radcliffe hasn't ruled out 'Harry Potter' comeback
- Ranbir Kapoor to do a cameo in Shah Rukh Khan – Anushka Sharma starrer?
- Katrina Kaif or Jacqueline Fernandez – Who will be chosen by Salman Khan?
- Priyanka Chopra spills the beans about Deepika Padukone’s next Hollywood venture!
- Disappointment for Ranbir Kapoor; Sanjay Dutt biopic delayed? Details inside