Poland hoping to be the new Switzerland for Bollywood films
Kolkata: With Kashmir-like locales and post-production facilities, Poland is hoping to become the favourite shooting destination for Bollywood filmmakers.
"We offer excellent post-production facilities with cutting-edge technologies. Recently Katrina Kaif shot for a television commercial in Krakow," Polish Ambassador Piotr Kodkovsky told a programme of engineering exporters` body EEPC here today.
A few Bollywood films have been shot in Poland like the 2006 blockbuster `Fanaa` that had Aamir Khan and Kajol in lead roles.
"Those beautiful mountains shown in the film is not Kashmir, but Poland," the Ambassador said inviting film-makers to shoot another movie in his country.
India and Poland have already signed an Audio visual Co-production Agreement under which films are treated as national films in both the co-producing countries.
The agreement would also facilitate actors and crew members to briefly stay in each other`s countries.
"Filmmakers from both the countries can shoot films together and also get financial support from both countries," Kodkovsky said adding that the agreement signed recently has started showing tangible results.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amid political tensions, three-tiered security for Oscars
- 'Lion' significantly talks about child adoption: Priyanka Bose
- It's Shahid Kapoor's birthday! Let's take a look at his TOP 5 roles
- Rangoon box office collections: Kangana, Shahid and Saif starrer witnesses slow start!
- 'Lipstick Under My Burkha': CBFC cites 'audio pornography', 'abusive words' reasons to refuse certification