Political films impact people`s sensibility: Ashotosh Gowariker
Mumbai: Filmmaker Ashutosh Gowariker, known for films like `Lagaan`, `Swades` and `Jodhaa Akbar`, supports movies based on political issues as he believes they can have a profound influence on the people.
"As far as political movies are concerned, they impact a lot because politics is a very important force in our lives. If we want any change, then we should elect only those people who can bring that change in the country," the 48-year-old said here Friday at the screening of `In The Name Of Tai`.
"In The Name Of Tai" talks of a village woman who suffers in the process of protecting the lands of the farmers from the clutches of powerful builders, and politicians. The film released this Friday.
"I think a film on politics tends to make you think, can show you a new direction and can create an environment where you can take decisions, as to whom to vote and which political party to be brought in power. So I think political movies are very important and especially they should have entertainment zone," he added.
Talking about his future projects, Ashutosh said: "My script is ready but I think it will take me around nine more months to go on floors."
Gowariker`s last release was the 2010 film `Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey`, based on the Chittagong uprising of 1930.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Runway Bridal to return with fourth edition in September
- Mr World 2016 Rohit Khandelwal says it is easier for models to enter Bollywood!
- Sonakshi Sinha does not have aptitude to join politics!- READ
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput fulfil grandmother Neelima Azeem's wish!
- Veteran writer Salim Khan hails Bombay HC judgement on Haji Ali
- 'Lion' trailer: Dev Patel once again proves his acting brilliance – Watch
- Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' vs Hrithik Roshan's 'Mohenjo Daro': Week two BO collections are out!
- Mechanic Resurrection movie review: Fails to rise
- Taapsee Pannu, Neeraj Pandey reteam on 'Meera'
- 'A Flying Jatt' Box Office collections: Tiger Shroff-Jacqueline Fernandez starrer mints Rs 7.10 cr on opening day!