Pooja Bhatt may play Kalpana Lajmi in Bhupen Hazarika biopic
Mumbai: A biopic on Bhupen Hazarika, being produced by Pooja Bhatt, may see the actress-filmmaker essay the role of filmmaker Kalpana Lajmi in the legendary musician`s life.
Hazarika and Lajmi shared a passionate 40-year-old relationship.
Entitled ‘Dhumuha: The Storm’, the movie is jointly written by Lajmi and Pooja`s father Mahesh Bhatt. Lajmi will direct the project.
Talking about it, Pooja said: "Kalpana Lajmi has offered me the role to play her in the film. I am flattered by this offer. If at all I want to get back to the treadmill and get in shape, then it should be a film like this. Right now, the screenplay is being written, so let`s see."
Pooja says more than anything else, the million dollar question as of now is -- "Who will play Bhupen Hazarika?"
"We will have a tough time casting the right actor," she said.
Hazarika was a poet, music composer, singer, actor, journalist, author and filmmaker. He pioneered Assam`s film industry and has been hailed as the uncrowned king of the northeast`s cultural world.
Hazarika died in 2011. He was 85.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out: Hilarious Nawazuddin Siddiqui playing Karachi reporter Chand Nawab!
- Porn ban: Govt might come into bedroom to see how couples are having sex, says Ram Gopal Varma
- 'Masaan', 'Jaanisar' tax free in Uttar Pradesh
- Aanand L Rai to present Swara Bhaskar-starrer
- 'Singh is Bling' trailer to be out with 'Brothers'