Post `Paani`, Shekhar Kapur promises film for kids
Mumbai: More than two decades ago he gave the Indian audiences a film like ‘Mr.India’, which is loved by one and all even today. Filmmaker Shekhar Kapur, who has finally found a producer for his long-pending project ‘Paani’, promises to make a movie for kids soon.
"I have a promise to keep to the kids of India. After `Paani`, a film like `Mr.India`. But not till `Paani` is done," Kapur posted on Twitter.
‘Paani’ was written 15 years ago, and it is only now that Kapur has found a producer for it. The movie will be made under the Yash Raj Films banner.
Kapur says the wait was long because he wanted a producer "that clearly saw my vision of the film, loved it, and added to it".
"Found that in Aditya Chopra," he wrote, adding: "To me, a film must be larger than its story. Larger than its director. Larger than its actors. Larger even than its own vision. Always tried that."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Blockbuster! 'Sultan' Salman Khan's action drama inching closer to Rs 300 crore
- 'Jurassic World 2' to begin production in Hawaii next year
- Oops! Shah Rukh Khan, Rohit Shetty friends no more?
- 'Dishoom' promotions: Catch Jacqueline Fernandez-John Abraham-Varun Dhawan on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- When Aditya Chopra told Ranveer Singh to act like himself