Post `Paani`, Shekhar Kapur promises film for kids
Mumbai: More than two decades ago he gave the Indian audiences a film like ‘Mr.India’, which is loved by one and all even today. Filmmaker Shekhar Kapur, who has finally found a producer for his long-pending project ‘Paani’, promises to make a movie for kids soon.
"I have a promise to keep to the kids of India. After `Paani`, a film like `Mr.India`. But not till `Paani` is done," Kapur posted on Twitter.
‘Paani’ was written 15 years ago, and it is only now that Kapur has found a producer for it. The movie will be made under the Yash Raj Films banner.
Kapur says the wait was long because he wanted a producer "that clearly saw my vision of the film, loved it, and added to it".
"Found that in Aditya Chopra," he wrote, adding: "To me, a film must be larger than its story. Larger than its director. Larger than its actors. Larger even than its own vision. Always tried that."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidharth Malhotra felt wonderful doing the US tour! READ
- I still feel I have a lot more to do and achieve says, Jacqueline Fernandez
- Expectations soaring high! Beyonce gearing up to perform at 2016 MTV Video Music Awards?
- Salman Khan's 'Being SalMan: The Official Game' is out for you to 'Khelo'
- Arbaaz Khan feels he is more suited for second lead!
- Kangana Ranaut flies to US to prepare for role in 'Simran'
- Would love to direct Ajay Devgn, Kajol in a family drama: Rohit Shetty
- MASSIVE! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' celebrates 50 days in theatres – Details inside
- 'Lion' trailer: Dev Patel once again proves his acting brilliance – Watch
- Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' vs Hrithik Roshan's 'Mohenjo Daro': Week two BO collections are out!