Post `Paani`, Shekhar Kapur promises film for kids
Mumbai: More than two decades ago he gave the Indian audiences a film like ‘Mr.India’, which is loved by one and all even today. Filmmaker Shekhar Kapur, who has finally found a producer for his long-pending project ‘Paani’, promises to make a movie for kids soon.
"I have a promise to keep to the kids of India. After `Paani`, a film like `Mr.India`. But not till `Paani` is done," Kapur posted on Twitter.
‘Paani’ was written 15 years ago, and it is only now that Kapur has found a producer for it. The movie will be made under the Yash Raj Films banner.
Kapur says the wait was long because he wanted a producer "that clearly saw my vision of the film, loved it, and added to it".
"Found that in Aditya Chopra," he wrote, adding: "To me, a film must be larger than its story. Larger than its director. Larger than its actors. Larger even than its own vision. Always tried that."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I'm looking at 'Ittefaq' as new film: Sonakshi Sinha
- Phillauri box office collections: Anushka Sharma-Diljit Dosanjh's 'spirited' saga has minted this much so far!
- Ranbir Kapoor as a boy scout in 'Jagga Jasoos' latest PIC! Can you spot him?
- Shah Rukh Khan to clash with Akshay Kumar at the Box Office!
- Shraddha Kapoor – Arjun Kapoor sizzle as a couple in ‘Half Girlfriend’ First Look