Prakash Jha locks horns with Censor Board in a fresh controversy
Mumbai: Bollywood filmmaker Prakash Jha has been dragged into another controversy involving the certification of his latest production ‘Turning 30’. The powerful director locked horns with the Censor Board over allegations that the promos of his new production `Turning 30` were broadcast without the Board’s certification.
Learning about the Board’s accusation, Jha was clearly miffed and said to a daily, “Censor board is nonsense. There should not be any censorship for anything.”
Following Prakash Jha’s remark, the Censor Board chief Sharmila Tagore said that `Turning 30`s trailers where running on television without any certification. Whereas, the film`s director Alankrita Srivastava along with producer Prakash Jha brought to the media all the certificates the censor board had passed before the promos were aired.
“I want to clarify that the very first promo of ‘Turning 30’, which was censored in the month of May, was actually given a ‘U’ certificate,” Jha told the media.
But the Censor Board CEO explains that the issue was simply a matter of miscommunication that resulted from the disapproval of the first set of promos of the film by a few members, which were later toned down and certified.
“When Mr. Prakash Jha says he has all the promos certified he is very right. Instead of going to the media, the producer should have called up the chairperson to clarify the issue,” said Pankaja Thakur, CEO, Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC).
It must also be known that Prakash Jha Productions’ next release `Yeh Saali Zindagi` courted trouble with the censors because of its title. Apparently, Sharmila Tagore had stated that she was uncomfortable with the title. But, later it was revealed that Tagore`s comment was her personal opinion and was not made in an official standing.
Well, looks like a misunderstanding was averted before it could snowball into another publicity-driven controversy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trisha Krishnan excited about ‘Saamy 2’ with Vikram
- Suyyash Rai – Kishwer Merchant in ‘Nach Baliye 8’? Here’s the truth
- Katrina Kaif is BACK on FB! Here's what she has to say
- Mahira Khan’s cheap thrills sans ‘Raees’ Shah Rukh Khan - WATCH
- Shahid Kapoor's latest pic on Instagram will make your jaw drop!
- Akshay Kumar's 'Jolly LLB 2' enters Rs 100 cr club; makers CONFIRM 'Jolly LLB 3'!
- Vishal Bhardwaj a big fan of ‘Omkara’ lady Kareena Kapoor Khan
- Sushant Singh Rajput gears up for 'Chandamama Door Ke' – Here’s how
- Aamir Khan's 'Thugs of Hindostan' to star 'Dangal' actress Fatima Sana Shaikh?
- Rangoon: Reasons why Shahid Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan and Kangana Ranaut starrer is a MUST WATCH