Pran `ok` with `Zanjeer` remake?
Mumbai: Screen legend Pran, who was today honoured with the prestigious Dadasaheb Phalke Award here, seems to be ok with the remake of 1973 superhit film `Zanjeer`, where he played the iconic `Sher Khan`.
Directed and produced by Prakash Mehra, the film marked the arrival of Amitabh Bachchan as the `Angry Young Man`. It was also the peak of a new trend where aging villains like Pran went versatile and took up strong character roles to hold on to their territory.
The new version, being directed by Apoorva Lakhia, will see Telugu actor Ram Charan, son of Chiranjeevi, stepping into Big B`s shoes, while Priyanka Chopra will reprise the role of Jaya Bachchan.
On the veteran actor`s reaction about the remake, his daughter Pinky said, "Amit Mehra (Prakash`s son) had come to take his blessings and he was okay with it. But he hasn`t said anything."
The role of Sher Khan, essayed by 93-year-old in the original, is being played by Sanjay Dutt now.
"Sanjay is tied up with work. He did say he wanted to come and meet daddy. But he couldn`t come," Pinky said.
The remake has been in news for a while regarding copyright and royalty issues. Noted writers -- Salim Khan and Javed Akhtar -- who scripted the original, have been fighting for the intellectual rights of the new version.
To this, Pinky says, "Daddy is out of all this."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mechanic Resurrection movie review: Fails to rise
- Taapsee Pannu, Neeraj Pandey reteam on 'Meera'
- 'A Flying Jatt' Box Office collections: Tiger Shroff-Jacqueline Fernandez starrer mints Rs 7.10 cr on opening day!
- Sidharth Malhotra bats for Sonakshi Sinha's 'Akira'- Watch cutest promotion video!
- 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions: Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra stun with their chemistry on 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa'