Priyanka Chopra fought real boxers in `Mary Kom`
Mumbai: Actress Priyanka Chopra fought with real boxers in ‘Mary Kom’, a biopic on the five time World Champion boxer. She says it was not easy to take a full-on punch from professional boxers during the shoot.
"All my opponents in the film were real boxers," Priyanka said here in an interview.
"It was very difficult to shoot with them because they are real boxers and they don`t know how to fake a punch, they had to really hit you. So I had to get hit a lot and that was really hard," she added.
Co-produced by Sanjay Leela Bhansali and Viacom 18 Motion Pictures, ‘Mary Kom’ shows Kom`s journey from an athlete to a boxer, opposition faced by her father to take up the sport as a profession, training with men, her fearless nature, marriage and so-called end of her boxing career.
Directed by Omung Kumar, it is slated for a Sep 5 release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- See: Sridevi’s daughter Khushi kisses Jack Gilinsky; 3 month old pic goes viral
- Pakistan expresses its ‘Jazbaa’ for Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan are not stars but co-stars for Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Know what Amitabh Bachchan is saying about tiger conservation
- Irrfan Khan, Kangana Ranaut to come together for film on Begum Akhtar?