Priyanka Chopra found `Asalaam e Ishqum` shooting tough
New Delhi: Actress Priyanka Chopra, who had to slip into several outfits like corsets, fishnet stockings, and train with French cabaret dancers for the song ‘Asalaam e Ishqum’ from her forthcoming film `Gunday`, says it was difficult to do the track.
“It was a really tough song for me to do and I’m glad it’s being appreciated,” Priyanka said in a statement.
The video is inspired by the chic burlesque acts of the famous Moulin Rouge cabaret of Paris.
She reportedly had a tough time shooting for the song as her father (Ashok Chopra) passed away a few days before the shoot in the summer of 2013. The costumes too had to be created overnight.
“I really admire Priyanka for the courage and determination that she displayed during the shooting of the song. She put in all her pain and converted it into an intense energy, which has reflected in ‘Asalaam e Ishqum`,” said director Ali Abbas Zafar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out: Nawazuddin Siddiqui at Ajmer Sharif
- Know what kind of films Richa Chadha would like to do
- Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar, Big B among world's top ten highest-paid actors
- ‘Baahubali’ Prabhas to get married in December!
- It’s been 21 years since Madhuri Dixit asked Salman Khan ‘Hum Aapke Hain Koun..!’