Priyanka Chopra found `Asalaam e Ishqum` shooting tough
New Delhi: Actress Priyanka Chopra, who had to slip into several outfits like corsets, fishnet stockings, and train with French cabaret dancers for the song ‘Asalaam e Ishqum’ from her forthcoming film `Gunday`, says it was difficult to do the track.
“It was a really tough song for me to do and I’m glad it’s being appreciated,” Priyanka said in a statement.
The video is inspired by the chic burlesque acts of the famous Moulin Rouge cabaret of Paris.
She reportedly had a tough time shooting for the song as her father (Ashok Chopra) passed away a few days before the shoot in the summer of 2013. The costumes too had to be created overnight.
“I really admire Priyanka for the courage and determination that she displayed during the shooting of the song. She put in all her pain and converted it into an intense energy, which has reflected in ‘Asalaam e Ishqum`,” said director Ali Abbas Zafar.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- AR Rahman's romantic ballads steal Delhi hearts
- Influential theatre and opera director Luc Bondy dead at 67
- No one better than Ranveer, Deepika as Bajirao and Mastani: Priyanka
- Bigg Boss 9: Rimi Sen does not choose to leave house, Priya Malik wins immunity and captainship!
- Darshan Kumar excited to share screen space with Aishwarya