Priyanka Chopra says her `Ram Leela` item song is modern mujra
Mumbai: Actress Priyanka Chopra, who has done an item song in Sanjay Leela Bhansali`s `Ram Leela`, describes it as a modern mujra which has Indian vibes with a western touch.
"The song is very different and special because I am a huge fan of Mr. Bhansali. It`s a modern mujra which you all have not seen for a long time. It`s a mujra, but modern. It`s got Indian music and vibes, but still western and contemporary.
“It has got a different look, different form of dancing and I didn’t have time to rehearse. I used to rehearse at night," Priyanka told reporters here.
Aishwarya Rai was reportedly approached for the item song before Priyanka.
`Ram Leela` features Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone in the lead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gour Hari Das' involvement in his biopic necessary: Ananth Mahadevan
- Tom Hanks looks forward to shoot with Irrfan in `Inferno`
- Action is my favourite genre, says Farhan Akhtar
- Mohamedou Ould Slahi's memoir 'Guantanamo Diary' set for big screen
- Censor Board rejects Sunny Leone's 'Mastizade' over obscenity