Priyanka Chopra starrer `Mary Kom` release delayed?
Zee Media Bureau/Ritika Handoo
New Delhi: The actress known for portraying every character with poise and perfection—Priyanka Chopra indeed trained super hard for her role as MC Mary Kom, the boxing champ.
Her fans however, will have to be a little more patient before they get to see her as the Olympic winner. If reports are to be believed, the release date of this biopic has been pushed forward.
According to a leading daily, the release of `Mary Kom` biopic has been shifted, as the makers want to give an edgy feel to the film. The latest buzz about the movie is that extra efforts are being put in to make the biopic stand out on the lines of `Bhaag Milkha Bhaag`.
Earlier reports suggested that `Mary Kom` was slated to hit the theatres on October 2 this year. But, to avoid any clash with Hrithik-Katrina`s `Bang Bang` and Shahid Kapoor`s `Haider`, the film has postponed its release date, reportedly.
The film is helmed by Omang Kumar and produced by ace director Sanjay Leela Bhansali along with Viacom 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' to release on Diwali 2016
- Sonakshi Sinha's dubsmash video for `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` fans!
- Concept arts of Steven Spielberg's 'Robopocalypse' revealed
- With $ 74 million earnings,`Termination:Genisys` tops international box office
- Kunal Kapoor looking for solid meaty roles in Bollywood