Priyanka not yet confirmed for `Zanjeer` remake: Apoorva Lakhia
Mumbai: The leading lady for the remake of 1973 film ‘Zanjeer’ is yet to be finalised, says director Apoorva Lakhia, putting rest to rumours that Priyanka Chopra has already been cast. He also says that he is yet to approach Amitabh Bachchan to play a part in the film.
"Priyanka Chopra is not yet confirmed. We have not yet decided on that. However, we are starting the film's shoot from May 13. The scenes of the lead actor will be shot," Lakhia, who will direct the project, told reporters.
The lead hero in the remake will be essayed by southern superstar Chiranjeevi's son Ram Charan Teja, who will step into the shoes of Amitabh for the remake.
While rumours are rife that Amitabh will be seen in a cameo in the remake, Lakhia says he hasn't approached the megastar yet. However, he will do that soon.
"I have not approached Mr. Bachchan yet. But I will soon approach him. It would be great if he could show his presence in the film," said Lakhia, who has worked with Big B in films like ‘Shootout At Lokhandwala’, ‘Mumbai Se Aaya Mera Dost’ and ‘Ek Ajnabee’.
He considers it is "duty" to approach Big B for the ‘Zanjeer’ remake, but says it is upto the veteran to agree to the project or not.
"I would approach him for all obvious reasons. Who does not want to cast Mr. Bachchan in their film," said Lakhia.
The original ‘Zanjeer’, also featured Jaya Bhaduri and Pran in key roles. It played a vital role in shaping Amitabh's career by not just catapulting him to fame, but also by giving him the title of "angry young man" at that time.
The remake of ‘Zanjeer’ is being produced by first-timer Amit Mehra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 10 Things you should definitely do in a lifetime
- Lalit Sen to compose for new TV show
- Irrfan, Deepika took romance to new level: Sircar
- Will judge contestants on the basis of voice: Shaan
- Salman Khan arrives in Himachal Pradesh to attend Arpita's wedding reception
- Salma Hayek, Colin Farrell weigh in on selfies ban
- Jaden Smith to play Static Shock
- I always apologise for 'Batman and Robin': George Clooney
- Filmmaker Champak Banerjee to start new project soon
- Golshifteh Farahani's beauty is like poetry: Irrfan Khan
- Watch: Emraan Hashmi starrer 'Azhar' teaser unveiled
- Eva Longoria wants fitness empire
- Akshay Kumar to launch his clothing line
- Lady Gaga gets over 30 wedding dress sketches from top designers
- Ditch black for bold and bright this summer
- Style up in suede in spring, summer
- Kylie's lip fillers changed her confidence: Kim Kardashian
- Jane Fonda proud to be a fashion icon
- Fashion is not for everybody: Dolce and Gabbana
- Designer Monisha Jaising to enter e-commerce
- Sculpt your looks like Moore, N'yongo did at Cannes
- Keep neck jewellery light in summer
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla