Producer`s seat more comfortable: Director Shoojit Sircar
New Delhi: Be it the slice of life in ‘Vicky Donor’ or the portrayal of harsh reality in ‘Madras Cafe’, director Shoojit Sircar`s films fetched him loads of accolades. He is however enjoying the role of a producer more with his upcoming venture ‘Running Shaadi.com’.
"Being in the producer`s seat is more comfortable. After `Madras Cafe`, getting into this light zone feels nice," Sircar said.
Sircar, however, does not take his production duties lightly.
"Nowadays, making the film in the right budget and at the right time is important. You should not overshoot the budget. I will take care of this. After the film is made, I will get involved in a bit of the marketing part of it," he said.
Sircar had also produced Bengali film ‘Aparajita Tumi’, which was directed by Bengali director Aniruddha Roy Chowdhury.
Being co-produced by Sircar and Ronnie Lahiri`s banner - Rising Sun Films – ‘Running Shaadi.com’ features Amit Sadh and Taapsee Pannu. First-timer Amit Roy is helming the project.
Roy had previously worked as a cinematographer in films like Ram Gopal Varma`s ‘Sarkar’ and Rohan Sippy`s ‘Dum Maaro Dum’.
A romantic comedy, ‘Running Shaadi.com’ has been set in Punjab. The film is character driven and Sircar feels that if people are able to relate to the lead couple, they will love the film.
"Amit has placed the film in Punjab because it is a story of a Punjabi girl and a non-Punjabi boy. I think normally a film like this is very character driven," he said.
He further added: "If you like the simple two little characters, you will start following them."
On his role as producer-director, the filmmaker says he can only worry about the final product.
"We can enjoy making a film - that is what is in my control. How it works is not in my control," said Sircar who derives enjoyment of making films by working with friends.
"I would love to make films for my friends and colleagues and work in that environment. This film has a good team as well," he said.
His last two films were produced by actor-producer John Abraham, with whom he shares a good camaraderie.
"John and I also make a good team. We both like working with each other," he said.
Being a creative producer of ‘Running Shaadi.com’, he said his "involvement" was over as soon as the script and casting were done.
"Amit and I discussed the casting as well as the music. He is on the floor and shooting now. I have nothing to do there. My job is done," he said.
‘Running Shaadi.com’ is slated for a 2014 release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shah Rukh Khan to appear with ‘Dear Zindagi’ co-star Alia Bhatt on Karan Johar’s ‘Koffee With Karan’?
- Diwali 2016: Colours that can add glamour to your attire
- Diwali 2016: Do-it-yourself tips to light up your home
- Kangana Ranaut takes a dig at Hrithik Roshan, Priyanka Chopra!
- Bigg Boss 10: Rohan Mehra instigates India wale Manu Punjabi, Navin Prakash and Manveer Gurjar
- Court dismisses complaint against AjayDevgn over 'Shivaay' song
- Looking forward to bring 'Battle for Bittora' on screen, says Sonam Kapoor
- Deepika Padukone's 'xXx: Return of Xander Cage' to have India premiere ahead of its release
- Amitabh Bachchan spills the beans on Ram Gopal Varma's 'Sarkar 3' shoot
- Confirmed: Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil', Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay' not to release in Pakistan