Prosenjit to play Ashok Kumar`s role in `Khubsoorat` remake
Mumbai: Popular Bengali star Prosenjit Chatterjee is stepping into the shoes of legendary actor Ashok Kumar in the remake of `Khubsoorat`.
An official remake of 1980 classic comedy is being produced by Sonam Kapoor`s sister Rhea, and will be directed by Shashanka Ghosh of `Quick Gun Murugan` fame.
"I have heard the narration and have liked it. I would be playing a fatherly role.... It is Ashok Kumar`s role from the original film," Prosenjit said.
"I have seen the original film and am happy to be part of this. We are trying to work out the dates and other things. I think I would start shooting for it from November," he said.
The original film was directed by Hrishikesh Mukherjee and starred Rekha, the late Ashok Kumar, Dina Pathak and Rakesh Roshan.
Sonam would be reprising Rekha`s role.
"My role has been changed completely from the original. It is an interesting and strong role," Prosenjit said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss, Day 45: Kanwaljeet’s ‘racist’ comment irks Priya; inmates celebrate Rochelle’s birthday!
- Michael Caine named Britain's greatest living movie star
- Aamir's contribution towards cinema is immense: Gracy Singh
- Bigg Boss: Keith Sequeira makes a comeback
- 'Dilwale' inspires Shah Rukh Khan, makes him tweet about life!