Pyramid Saimira to invest 40 crore in 10 films
Mumbai, April 08: Entertainment firm Pyramid Saimira, which aims to produce 52 films this year, on Monday said it will invest about Rs 40 crore for the production of 10 films.
The company would produce 10 Tamil films in this fiscal year and would invest Rs 35-40 crore towards their production, Pyramid Saimira said in a filing to the BSE.
The firm is also planning to launch more films in partnership with other producers. "Pyramid Saimira Group will produce 24 Tamil films in partnership with different producers, to make available various films under one banner," Pyramid Saimira Production International Director K S Srinivasan said.
The company has already completed six films and over seven films are under production in various languages, the filing added.
Apart from the film production, the company is also engaged in producing content for Television and other modes.
Last month Pyramid Saimira had clocked two overseas deals in China and Britain. The multiplex operator had entered into a strategic partnership with UK-based Spize TV for providing content for new channels and services.
Also the firm had signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Chinese government for operating theatres in that country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' filmmaker Damien Chazelle becomes youngest director to win academy
- Production of 'Jurassic World 2' officially begins
- Andrew Lincoln excited about 'Love Actually' sequel
- Oscars 2017: Asghar Farhadi's ‘The Salesman’ wins Best Foreign Language Film
- Oscars 2017: Jimmy Kimmel cracks Trump jokes as 89th Academy Awards