‘R...Rajkumar’ earns 45.8 crores worldwide
Zee Media Bureau/Aparna Mudi
New Delhi: Despite mostly negative reviews from critics, ‘R...Rajkumar’ has reportedly grossed approximately Rs 40 crores in India.
Eros International, has announced an announced an impressive opening weekend of ‘R…Rajkumar’ at the box office with Rs 45.77 crores worldwide. The movie has found its place in the top ten opening weekends among Hindi films this year. In its opening weekend, the film grossed Rs 39.77 crore in India (Net collections: Rs 30.59 crore) and Rs 6 crores overseas. It released across 2900 screens in India and 300 screens overseas.
Monday remained steady at the box office with the masalathon raking in Rs 5.65 crores in India. This movie is actor Shahid Kapoor’s biggest opener till date.
Speaking on the film opening, Nandu Ahuja, Sr. VP, India theatrical, Eros International Media Limited, “With its mass appeal, chart busting songs and high octave action, R…Rajkumar made for a perfect commercial entertainer and has a received a big thumbs up from the junta. A large chunk of revenue has come from mass dominated circuits with single screens and multiplexes packed to capacity. With Monday holding up strong as well, we are looking to end the week with positive momentum”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amid political tensions, three-tiered security for Oscars
- 'Lion' significantly talks about child adoption: Priyanka Bose
- It's Shahid Kapoor's birthday! Let's take a look at his TOP 5 roles
- Rangoon box office collections: Kangana, Shahid and Saif starrer witnesses slow start!
- 'Lipstick Under My Burkha': CBFC cites 'audio pornography', 'abusive words' reasons to refuse certification