‘Race 2’: Abbas-Mustan's flick grosses 51 crores in first weekend!
Delhi: Abbas-Mustan, the director duo best known for suspense thrillers, saw their latest brainchild – ‘Race 2’ – hit the theatres January 25, 2013. The film opened to mixed reviews from critics, but that has not dampened the Box Office collections in any way whatsoever.
Actor John Abraham, who plays a pivotal role in ‘Race 2’, informed Zeenews.com about the first three days’ collections. “The film made 15.12 crores on Friday, and 20.72 crores on Saturday. The collections for Sunday are somewhere around 15 crores,” said Abraham.
The film, sequel to the 2008 blockbuster ‘Race’, has already crossed the 50 crore mark in the first three days after its release, and the film is expected to cross 100 crores. However, whether or not that would be possible in the first week itself is ambiguous.
Apart from John Abraham, ‘Race 2’ stars Saif Ali Khan, Deepika Padukone, Jaqueline Fernandez, Anil Kapoor and Ameesha Patel in important roles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baar Baar Dekho' has been a joyride: Nitya Mehra
- Rajkummar Rao, Kriti Sanon team up for 'Bareilly Ki Barfi'
- Film with Shah Rukh Khan at very premature stage: Kangana Ranaut
- Get ready to watch Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh in 'Padmavati'! Deets inside
- Stan Lee supports Zendaya's casting in Spider-Man: Homecoming