Radhika Apte joins Ketan Mehta`s `Mountain Man`
New Delhi: Marathi actress Radhika Apte, who was last seen in Hindi film ‘Shor in the City’, is all set to star in Ketan Mehta`s ‘Mountain Man’, a biopic of Dashrath Manjhi.
The 27-year-old actress, who starred in National Award winning Bengali film ‘Antaheen’ in 2009, has been paired opposite Nawazuddin Siddiqui in the biopic on a Bihar-based labourer, who did the herculean task of cutting a road through a mountain.
"Radhika (Apte) has been finalised to play the leading lady opposite me in the film," said Nawazuddin, who was the first to get on board.
‘Mountain Man’, is based on the life of Dashrath Manjhi from Nagar, Gehlaur, Gaya. In 22 years, he cut a 300-metre-long and 25-ft-wide road through a mountain to link Ghivra mauja of Dashrath Nagar, in Gehlaur Ghati to Atara Prakhand, Wajirganj thereby reducing the distance from 75 kilometres to just one kilometre.
Manjhi, fondly called Mountain Man, died in 2007. He was 70. The movie will be shot in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Iranian film on Prophet Mohammad stirs calls for Tehran to ban it
- 'Lip to lip' was 'physically demanding' for Imran Khan
- Baankey Ki Crazy Baraat movie review: A whimsical entourage
- Bollywood should make films on environmental issues: Amol Palekar
- Jesse Owens' biopic 'Race' to release in February next year