Raj Babbar upset with news on `Tevar`
Mumbai: Actor-politician Raj Babbar is surprised and upset with news reports that he has opted to campaign as a Congress candidature from the Ghaziabad Lok Sabha constituency instead of shooting for Boney and Sanjay Kapoor`s `Tevar`.
Flabbergasted, he said: "Headlines like `Raj Babbar Chooses Roles Over Poles` sacrifice basic decency to grab attention. These reports give out a terribly wrong and unfair signal. I am not a first-time elector. I`ve been balancing my film and political careers for 20 years. Has any producer ever complained?"
Babbar says he had explicitly made it clear that he wouldn`t be able to shoot with the `Tevar` team during the first phase of the campaigning.
"It wasn`t as if I informed them as an afterthought that I couldn`t shoot. I had told them beforehand about my plans in Ghaziabad. I had offered to complete my shooting before the campaigning. They were not ready," he said.
He says the shoot isn`t a small schedule, and requires around 15 days.
"I very clearly told them of my plans. I am not running away anywhere," Raj Babbar said.
"The least one expects is for my own fraternity (the film industry) to co-operate. I am not asking for shooting to be held up because of my election commitment. I am just asking for some scheduling adjustment. Is that too much to ask for," he asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Juhi Chawla slams item numbers for commercialisation of women
- 'Pink' Box Office collections: Amitabh Bachchan, Taapsee Pannu starrer mints Rs 53.10 cr!
- Victoria Leeds is NOT Alex Parrish, reveals Priyanka Chopra on her 'Baywatch' character—Full story inside
- '31st October' already a landmark for me: Soha Ali Khan
- Varun Dhawan working with Amitabh Bachchan? Nah, it's a rumour!