‘Ram Leela’: Plea filed against film for portraying Hindu Gods in “bad taste”
Zee Media Bureau/Resham Sengar
New Delhi: After getting embroiled into controversy earlier for different reasons, Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s ambitious film ‘Ram Leela’ is in news for the wrong reasons once again.
On November 7, a resident of Patna filed a plea in a local court demanding a ban on the release of the film. The reason cited by the complainant, Amit Arya, is the depiction of Hindu Gods in “poor taste” in the mujra song ‘Ram Chahe Leela’ performed by Priyanka Chopra.
The complainant has also objected to the title of the film in his appeal. He has also submitted a CD of the film’s trailer to support his plea.
The case was filed in the court of chief judicial magistrate R K Yadav by the complainant’s lawyer Kumar Shankaram, who will hear the plea on November 11.
‘Ram Leela’ is slated for nationwide release on November 15.
(With agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Emraan Hashmi in and as 'Azhar' releases terrific first look on Azharuddin's birthday—See pic!
- Nicolas Cage to star in 'Vengeance: A Love Story'
- Vidya Balan to play 'Begum Jaan' in Mahesh Bhatt's next!
- It's awesome! 'The Jungle Book' trailer will sweep fans off their feet-- Watch
- Why Shahid Kapoor requested Karan Johar to call former ladylove Kareena Kapoor