Ramesh Sippy, Hema Malini to work together after `Sholay`
Mumbai: Filmmaker Ramesh Sippy is set to direct `dream girl` Hema Malini once again after the duo delivered Bollywood`s cult classic `Sholay` 39 years ago.
The film will be titled `Shimla Mirchi` and will go on floors in August. The romantic saga will also feature `Citylights` star Rajkummar Rao. Actress opposite him is yet to be finalised.
"Ramesh Sippy`s `Sholay` was released 39 years back in 1975, when he created the character of Basanti with his favourite actress Hema Malini.
"Ramesh Sippy is going to work with Hema Malini after `Sholay` in `Shimla Mirchi` and like his other films, the first letter of his next film is also with the letter `S`," a release said.
Sippy`s last release as a director was `Zamaana Deewana` in 1995. The film starred Raveena Tandon and Shah Rukh Khan in the lead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kriti Sanon to learn the culture, diction of UP for upcoming films!
- 'Moana' release date out!
- Box office report: Riteish Deshmukh's 'Banjo' fails to overpower Amitabh Bachchan's 'Pink'
- Katrina Kaif, Fawad Khan in winter romance in Karan Johar's next
- Five dialogues from Ranbir Kapoor's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' trailer that will definitely win your heart!