Ramesh Sippy, Hema Malini to work together after `Sholay`
Mumbai: Filmmaker Ramesh Sippy is set to direct `dream girl` Hema Malini once again after the duo delivered Bollywood`s cult classic `Sholay` 39 years ago.
The film will be titled `Shimla Mirchi` and will go on floors in August. The romantic saga will also feature `Citylights` star Rajkummar Rao. Actress opposite him is yet to be finalised.
"Ramesh Sippy`s `Sholay` was released 39 years back in 1975, when he created the character of Basanti with his favourite actress Hema Malini.
"Ramesh Sippy is going to work with Hema Malini after `Sholay` in `Shimla Mirchi` and like his other films, the first letter of his next film is also with the letter `S`," a release said.
Sippy`s last release as a director was `Zamaana Deewana` in 1995. The film starred Raveena Tandon and Shah Rukh Khan in the lead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Shorgul' not to be released in Muzaffarnagar
- I will produce Hollywood films in future: Vashu Bhagnani
- Throwback blast! Deepika Padukone's 'unseen' click from 'Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani' is cute as a button
- 'Shivaay' brand new POSTER will give you chills! View pic
- 'Rustom' trailer out: Bollywood in awe of Akshay Kumar!