Ranbir Kapoor sports pagdi once again?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Ranbir Kapoor, who has earlier played a Sikh in ‘Rocket Singh: Salesman Of The Year’, will be seen sporting a turban again in a song for his upcoming movie ‘Besharam’.
The song in question is 'Aa Re Aa Re'.
However, ‘Besharam’s’ producer Himanshu Mehra believes that as Ranbir is just sporting a pagdi and not playing the role of a Sardar there should be no objection, DNA reported.
“Ranbir is not playing a Sardar in the film, but only sporting a pagdi for this song. In fact, the song is one of the highlights of the film and Ranbir has sported the pagdi with a great sense of pride, so we don’t think anyone should have an objection to that. We are sure once they see the whole song, they will all understand what we are talking about,” he said.
“It is in no way aimed to offend anyone or any community. I think it’s an honour to sport the pagdi and we have treated it with due respect too and we hope people realise that,” he added.
“The song is a fun number not meant to hurt anyone’s sentiments,” he assured.
The number, which is choreographed by Chinni and Rekha Prakash, was shot in Chandigarh with more than 250 dancers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dubbing is like reliving the whole film: Kriti Sanon
- 'Sarkar 3' posters: Ram Gopal Varma introduces characters of Amitabh Bachchan starrer
- Alia and I can say no to Karan Johar for a film: Varun Dhawan
- Mahershala Ali to have two roles in 'Alita: Battle Angel'
- Oscars 2017: Academy offers apology on best picture announcement gaffe